Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mourning the Passing of Rose Tyler (Spoiler)

*Only for those who have watched the first two seasons of Doctor Who.*

You'd think that a girl who absorbed the time vortex could figure out a way to get out of a parallel universe and into another one... but no. She's stuck. With her lame boy friend.

I take it upon myself to write her obituary.


... Rose Tyler, born in London, always saying 'fings' instead of 'things.' Stupid accent, now it's in me 'ead all the time. She was only what... nineteen? Twenty when she died?

A spunky young girl that gave the show sexual tension and ridiculous love triangles in EVERY episode. I swear... Everything they touched either ended up dead, in a ditch somewhere or with horrible deformations.

But she was so funny! Attractive, rude, always breaking the rules, stuck up for people, she got braver as time went on, started to throw herself in front of people, one of the only things damsels in distress can do really. I loved it. I loved that she cared about people, kept the doctor in line. Man you couldn't not love her.

My only problem was she never... did anything, by herself and she ALWAYS had to be rescued. If I were the doctor... it would've gotten on my nerves.

You'd think for a girl who traveled with the doctor, she would have learned how to drive the Tardis (We all know how many times she's been stuck with this problem.) and she'd have learned some self defense. But as damsels go... she was a good one. Comic relief, kept the doctor in check, always getting into trouble, and when he REALLY REALLY needed it. She'd always pull through and DANG that girl was loyal. I mean seriously...

This episode really made me appreciate her.


LOOK!!! LOOK at how awesome she is! Lookin into the freakin heart of the Tardis (That can fry you, by the by) and traveling back in time to save the doctor. I was so proud of her. Finally doing something on her own for once. Sigh...

NOW SHE'S GONE!!!! And a crazy lady in a wedding dress has replaced her!!! What is this world coming to?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Rose! She's my favorite companion out of all of them. And I think that the Doctor really did love Rose. I cried sooooo hard when he didn't get to say I love you! :,(

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Now she's Gone!" At least until season 4! She is hinted at a few times and then finally revealed in the mid-late season. I actually have not watched past season 2 yet, but thanks to youtube spoilers (and season 4 came out 8 years ago, so it's inevitable) I found out about her return.

    ReplyDelete