Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What Do I Write Now?

Dear Friends and Readers of my Blog,

I'm... so lost. You see I can talk about stories, I can form pieces of ideas. I can form scraps of characters that I like, I can do all sorts of stuff.

Let's be honest. Writing is tough and I'm not all that good at it.

You see, I've completed two novels (first drafts) had my sister read bits and say. "This is good, but you're going to have to throw out most of it." Which is both encouraging and infuriating. My brother has had his own problems with my story. So... I have decided to let the ideas settle for a bit. Let my mind recuperate for the next battle.

But now that I'm here... what do I write? I tried brainstorming a few days ago. I tried coming up with ideas half of which I threw out immediately, I can't latch on to something that I love. Something that I want to explore and convey to my readers. Why?

I'm desperate and I need to get my creative juices flowing. Who has ideas? Who has some good creative techniques to help me come up with some epic ideas? And why don't we have a writing party? I just want to start something new. Something I usually wouldn't try, you know?

Riva was supposed to help me get an idea of the flaws in my writing and in my characters. I did learn a lot about myself even and about how I view people. So I'm trying to branch out, but this is hard. Just hard. Help?

1 comment:

  1. I have a few random story starts on my blog under the Good Stuff label. You can use any of them as starts or to spark ideas if you want. I'm not doing anything with them.

    ReplyDelete